Dai Vernon referred to David Roth as the "greatest coin manipulator in the entire world." On these special double-length videos, David teaches some of the techniques that earned him not only accolades from the Professor but from magicians worldwide. This is visual, miraculous coin magic taught by one the greatest practitioners the world has ever known. Learn from the best-it's the ultimate!Volume Two - Magic with Coins & Silks/Magic with the Okito Coin Box
In this volume, David Roth performs and teaches a variety of routines that combine coins and silks. Penetrations, transpositions and changes-it's all visible, elegant and easy to do. Also, learn the miracles possible with an Okito Coin Box from one of its masters-the various kinds of boxes, their history, their applications-and most of all, some amazing magic!
Magic with the Okito Coin Box
- A Coin & Silk Routine - an elegant routine where a coin is magically produced from a handkerchief and is then passed straight through it.
- Breast Pocket Coin Vanish - a great utility vanish that can be used on its own or as an addition to an existing routine.
- Coin Through Ring 1 and 2 - a coin is twisted into the middle of a handkerchief and a borrowed ring is theaded on, which is then magically removed. Two versions are taught with one suitable for performance in even a large venue!
- Tactile Coin Through Silk - a spectator pushes a coin straight through an ordinary handkerchief. A subtle and ingenious method makes this an incredibly clean and powerful piece of magic.
- Novel Coin Vanish - a coin, fairly folded into a handkerchief, instantly vanishes when the handkerchief is opened out. Two methods are taught with the second happening while the spectator holds the handkerchief!
- Buckley Bag Appearance - a coin visibly appears inside a folded handkerchief that was openly displayed.
- Rip-O - a coin, twisted into the middle of a handkerchief, is visibly cut out with a knife, yet the handkerchief emerges unharmed.
- Tenkai's Magical Filtration - A beautiful piece of magic from one of magic's legends. A coin vanishes and then audibly reappears in a folded handkerchief held by a spectator.
- Copper/Silver Extraction - Two coins - one copper, one silver - are twisted into a handkerchief. The copper coin is magically extracted through the hank and then replaced the same way. The silver coin is also extracted through the hank and then everything is examined. A classic remodeled with the Roth touch!
- The Original Vanishing Coin - you've heard of the oldest trick in the book? Well, this is it! Learn one of the world's oldest - and best - ways to vanish a coin while the spectator is holding it!
- Coins Through Silk - David Roth's version of an effect made popular by Michael Ammar. Coins pass mysteriously and visibly through a sheer scarf.
- E. Brian MacCarthy Coin Vanish - a brilliant and innovative vanish of even a large coin from a handkerchief. Two handlings.
- History of the Okito Coin Box, The Standard Turnover, David Roth's Variation, Louis Tannen Turnover, Two-Handed Turnover, Roth's Method, Table Turnover, One-Handed Turnover, Frank Thompson Turnover, Steal #1, Final Turnover, Standard Method, Method #2, Empty Box Turnover, Steal with More Coins, Roth's Final Turnover, The Roth Moves, Click Pass Move, Click Pass #2, Click Pass #3, Stealing a Copper Coin, Bold Steal, Variation of Bold Steal, Edge Grip Steal, Rim Steal, 4-Coin Steal, Slanted Variation, Scoop Stack Rim Steal Switch, Scoop Stack Variation, More Roth Moves, Friction Steal, Lid Load, Picking Up Lid, Coin Underneath, Sleight-of-Hand Steal, Classic Palm, Finger Palm, Edge Palm Steal, The Boston Box, Rim Steal with Boston Box, Producing Coins with, Boston Box, Shuttle Pass Box Switches, David Roth Box Switch, Spellbound Box Switch, Bobo Box Switch The Slot Box
- Out With Four - Four coins are magically extracted from a brass box one at a time.
- Out With Five - Four coins pass out of and back into the box invisibly.
- Okito Copper Silver - The classic transposition as silver and copper coins magically change places even when placed into a metal box.
- Okito Triple Change - Coins change places before changing into completely different coins altogether!
- Okito Box Through Hand - Four coins are placed into a brass box which is balanced on the back of the performer's hand. The coins penetrate both the box and the hand. The effect is repeated. Finally, the coins remain on the performer's hand and the box visibly penetrates!
- German Box & Cups - Combine coin boxes and paper cups and you get this very visual and amazing vanish and reappearance of four half-dollars.